Week 1: What is Diversity? How Can We Promote Diversity in the 3P Community?
Please note: "Open Mic" events are now FREE OF CHARGE. For further discussion on this topic, please register for ALL January's calls at: http://www.centerforsustainablechange.org/acc-words-thoughts
This Month's Open Mic Topic: We will be discussing the word, meanings and thoughts about "Diversity." What is a 3P understanding about "Diversity" and what could be an effect of this awareness? How can we increase/improve "Diversity" within the 3P community?
- What does Diversity mean? – University at Buffalo (3 min 54 sec)
- Practical Diversity: Taking Inclusion from Theory to Practice – Dawn Bennet Alexander (a TEDx talk): (16 min 53 sec)
- Let's Talk Diversity and Inclusion – Courtney Tritch (18 min 16 sec)
- Viola Davis Gives Powerful Speech About Diversity and Opportunity – Emmys 2015 (2 min 42 sec)
- Syd Banks – Truth Lies Within (27 min)
Recordings are made available after each session. We generally try to get them posted by the following Monday.
Online "Open Mic" discussions are held once per month at a set date and time and open to the public to participate. Each online video conferencing "Open Mic" discussion sets the topic for that month's three subsequent Awakening Community Circle sessions. For more information, click here.